Tuesday 15 October 2013

Embracing my growth

October is my absolute favourite month of the year because it is my birth month.  Every year after my birthday I celebrate the beginning of a new year in my life. Before that I do some soul searching, look at what I have achieved and areas where I really did not do so well. This year I learned something that I thought I always knew, the fact that in life we go through hardships and difficulties to be made better people. I recently found the deeper wisdom in that, this wisdom came with the revelation from the Word of God in Jeremiah 1:5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart ...” Even before I was conceived God already had set me apart having chosen which way I would go, all the things I would go through, even though sometimes I would go out of the route or way, He Knew where I would end up. He knew my ultimate destination and knew what kind of pruning and grooming I would need to go through, for me this is assurance that hardships are not meant to break me but meant to bend me, heartbreak(s) is there so I can be able to love genuinely and not hurt those that deserve love. I have no regrets, I have no “if only’s”, I have only lessons learnt that makes me who I am today. As I grow older I accept that I am work in progress and am perfect in my imperfections, I would not change the path I have travelled for nothing. I embrace growth coz it comes with so much more and best of all is the fact that this is how my Creator planned it to be.

No comments: