Tuesday 29 January 2013

My passion for African Soccer

So I have been hit by the African soccer fever...since Afcon Orange started I've been loving the soccer matches, I have not missed a single live game in Mbombela. The spirit here is just awesome, before now even during the 2010 Soccer World Cup I didnt give two looks at at soccer match. I supported Kaiser Chief because I just liked them, but now I know why i support them.  I really get it why people go crayze about the soccer. It's like the soccer fairy flew over me....

The spirit of the Ethiopians was so amazing on their first game against Zambia their support kept their team going and they made the whole stadium brim with join. The beautiful ladies, the colourful clothing Nelspruit was just bright and yellow.  

Their passion for the game.........priceless there was one fan who jumped into the pitch after they had scored their first goal after Zambia had scored. He was so excited he didn’t mind security carrying him over the fence.  And most people clearly saw the one who ran to the goal post NAKED during their loss against Burkina Faso on the 25th of January.
Speaking of Burkina Faso you also cannot miss the supporter’s with their bright green and red.  They play drums for daaaayzzzz during the day and dance like there is no tomorrow this one caught my eye:

I wonder if that thing is not heavy on his head...

Was totally proud of the support my fellow Mbomela-ians gave especially on Friday when Zambia played with Nigeria wow that crown was just great. This made me realise how soccer brings us all together, white black Indian, coloured didn’t matter we are all African in the end.  I love the spirit when there is just jubilation and soccer does just that. So yeah....I love soccer, but do not go asking me about the off sight rule neh?

No comments: