Thursday 27 June 2013

Meet Miss Euphony

What a pleasure to have the opportunity to speak to my lovely dear friend 'THE Skin Therapist' Miss  Paballo Euphony Kgadima.  She is down to earth, grounded and humbled yet very well outspoken about her views. I hope you will enjoy knowing her better as you indulge in reading the interview I had with her.

1. Most people know u as Pabi/Paballo; you now use your other name- Euphony. Who is Miss Euphony? Euphony is my second name given to me by my Grandfather at birth. The word is derived from the Greek language and it means-"good sound". My Grandfather believed I would be that in my parents’ lives and that I would be creative. I choose and prefer to use that name now, because being a spiritual person I believe I am living out that name in this part of my life right now.
2. The passion for beauty and skin care started..... Growing up I always took part in drama or arts related activities, and everyone around me expected me to study drama, fashion designing or journalism. I wanted to; however my parents felt I had to at least try something that they felt would be a “career”… In my attempt to rebel, I decided to apply for Somatology. My Father was shocked at first, but gave in. My Mother on the other hand supported me… I applied, and thought I would be only studying makeup, and that skin care or beauty related courses would feature in my curriculum. I was in for a surprise when I got to campus to find it was a science campus, we had to wear uniform, and the students on that campus were stuck in their books. The worst part was when I was handed my time table with my subjects for the year; I saw chemistry, physics, anatomy and physiology, nutrition… I told myself that I would do my best and thought about how much my parents had spent, so I studied and excelled in my skin care related modules. My lecturer’s often complimented me on those modules and I had a way of connecting with clients, which they thought was a gift. That is how I fell in love with skin care and beauty. 3. Biggest achievement since the beginning of your business? The achievement is two-fold; sticking to what I have set out to do, to establish myself as a skin therapist and being given a platform on Sisterhood. I have a long way to go and it gets harder as I go along, however I sleep easy knowing that I took the plunge to pursue my dream and people are inspired.4. The best advice you have ever received is? This is a tricky one; I am surrounded by amazing people, I find it hard to just pick one… I will have to go with my Mother; “Remember to do whatever you do to the best of your ability, and stay true to yourself in the process.”

5. What/who inspires you? People, I am inspired by people who pursue their dreams despite the status quo that says you need to have “job security” to be successful. I am inspired by music, it reminds me that what I do can be simple yet it can change someone’s life. I am inspired by the success of those who have passed on, while their legacy continues to live on. I want to be that woman, who leaves a great legacy behind. I always say to my Mother that my tombstone should read, “Here lies the Skin Therapist; she changed the world one face at a time.” 6. Your "pick me up" secret? A hot bubble bath, with Nina Simone playing in the background, that usually works. Cooking is also therapy for me. I have also discovered that running is the best therapy next to crying… LOL!7. Your favourite "celebration" ritual? When I order a Rock Shandy- just know that I am celebrating something *giggles*. That has to be my favorite, be it on my own or in the presence of someone else, that drink is just a well done affirmation to myself.
8. Your biggest skin faux pas? Great concealer and filling your unshaped eyebrows with the Woolworth’s Perfect Nude eye shadow palette, those two are a great skin faux pas combo!
9. Healthy skin is… Smooth, radiant and plump!

10. Exciting projects ahead of 2013? I have been working on two projects that I want to launch, all will be revealed in good time. I have learnt to practice the art of stepping back and looking at what I do from the outside, trying to work out how I can better my brand, acknowledging my mistakes and working on delivering the best as a Skin Therapist.





Twitter: @SkinTherapistSA
 Facebook Page: Skin Therapist SA.

No comments: