Thursday 25 July 2013

Meet Tumelo Mokoka

I continue to introduce to you young entrepreneurs making it big in their respective industries, this week I would like you to meet Tumelo"Tumza" Mokoka. A dear friend of mine who is a go-getter, intelligent and totally suave young man from Soweto. This vibrant, hard working, dedicated and very compassionate brother is the eldest of three guys. Indulge in the interview as you get to know him better.


 1. What is your driving passion in life?
My passion has been to build an enduring company & not forgetting my vision,
values and mission in life being my kids, family and wanting to leave an
ever lasting legacy when I jump to the next life time.
 2.        What was the biggest "leap of Faith" you have ever taken?
When I left my 9-5, because I felt like I had reached the end of the road andI was ready to take that risk even though at times yes I was very worried oflosing my valuable assets like: my houses, car, and all it had to be a calculated leap or risk BUT my strength was my living God.
3.        How did the inception of Let's Rock U Entertainment cc come about?
 I really don't have a fascinating story but it was way back in 2004 (I was
only 24yrs then) when I looked at everything around my life, politics and my
living condition as I'm not from a wealthy family & I had to make a wise decision that my kids were not going to experience all I have experienced....going to school with an empty stomach with lunch being 4 slices of brown bread alone while my friends were having cheese and French polony with juice, etc.
4.        The services and products that Let's Rock U Entertainment cc carries.
Our services are Project/Events Management,  Stage, Lights and Audiovisual hire. We also do Road shows and Artist/Dj's Management including freelancing. One of our future plans is embarking into TV Production.


5.        Most challenging event or project you have ever coordinated?
Iyooooo it has to be the 25th May 2013 at eMalahleni we hosted The Soil and Malik first time ever in that territory; one of the biggest events ever in the history of eMalahleni/Mpumalanga. The challenges were that eMalahleni doesn't have a big enough
venue to host the capacity we expected/that came for the night so control and
proper management was supposed to be paramount to avoid any risk what so
ever....thanks to the team I was working with for showing their great
expertise that night. Then the most talked about event was when Mr.Tokyo Sexwale
(Former Minister of Human Settlement) was addressing the residents of
Lenasia South about the housing issues or Government land sales but at the
end we triumphed in providing the best service ever.

 6.        Challenges that young entrepreneurs in the same field as you face
are....?

This industry is white dominated and competing with organizations like
GearHouse S.A, Oasys etc is never easy so you have to be on top of your
game, make sure that you leave an everlasting reminder or picture to your
clients and never ever relax- keep knocking those doors until you are heard
and noticed.
7.        Projects coming up still in 2013.
We are currently working on our 3rd Annual Mpumalanga Spring Picnic coming
in September-Mp get ready, a Kwaito Tour and a TV Production that will take the
country by storm.
8.        The best business advice ever received?
I'm currently reading a book by Steve Jobs and it has the best ever motivational business inserts and my favourite advice from him is that ”Businesses should be striving toward finding the perfect balance between the quality of their offering and the importance of their profit"- Because let's face it the one can't do without the other.
9.        Watch this space as LRUE brings.....
I'm normally not a brag but I will say my work speaks for itself so watch the space as we bring you, #MPSpringPicnic2013, a TV Production, a  Kwaito Tour and more...not yet uhuru.
I would like to dedicate this interview to our dear Friend Bheki Senong :
 "In God we trust, RIP Boy"


 Office:011 477-5853
Mobile:083 543 2622
Facebook page: Let's Rock U EntertainmentTwitter: @melokoka @Lets_rock_u
Thank you and may the good Lord bless you Mo-Afrika.

No comments: