Thursday 9 May 2013

Winter Favourites

Winter is not my most favourite season, it gets grey and cold which can tend to be depressing. So get me through the misery I have my favourite things. Here I have listed only a few that get me going through the cold months of winter.
 
Food and Beverages:
I am a fan of comfort food (hides), will try not to indulge too much this winter but food has a good way of warming one up. Recently I tasted the yummiest butternut soup; it was so spicy and creamy. With fresh bread rolls nothing could beat a bowl of creamy butternut soup (thanks Chef Herby). To kick start my day I always have a cup of milk-free rooibos with a hint of sugar, it’s said to be an anti oxidant and keeps me going till mid morning. To end my day a mild cup of Chamomile is the best as it relaxes me and soothes me for a nice good night rest for those loooong never ending nights.

Body products:
What is better way to start to start those chilly evenings than a long luscious bath followed with the most soothing body cream? My favourite products for bath time are: Clinique's 7 day facial scrub, Justine's cocoa butter and glycerine body scrub, clicks' assorted essential oils, Oh So Heavenly’s new body creams' range and of cause the old trusted Bi-oil. After a lovely facial scrub put on a your trusted facial musk, dry brush your whole body then exfoliate using the body scrub, rinse with warm water then soak your body in a hot tub filled with water and a few drops of your favourite essential oils (my personal favourite is lavender, eucalyptus and tea tree oils). After this glorious bath pat skin your body dry with a fluffy soft towel and moisturise with your favourite body cream or body butter. I have been using Bio-oil for years to help clear marks, spots and stretch mark on my skin and it leaves my body feeling soft and well hydrated. Just thinking about these makes me want to get home to have a bath.

Scents:

For every day and every mood a girl must have a scent to compliment it. I am in love with perfumes that are sweet with top notes of that you cannot help but notice, middle notes that are refreshing and subtle base notes. My little collection consists of Mediterranean by Elizabeth Arden, Outspoken by Fergie (Avon), Euphoria by Calvin Klein, Incandessence by Avon and Tabasheer Gold from the house of Justine. I say Girl's new best friend is her fragrance.

Accessories:
Top of my winter list is Scarves, I looooove scarves in light materials, bright colours and obstructive graphics. Scarves and Pashminas have a tendency to just brighten up any outfit. Pumps are my favourite
shoes, yep, they are! In all bright colours, wear them in pink, gold, red, green, whatever colour that will bring some spark to your grey winter day. Last but not least nail colour...I am currently wearing my nails in a bright sea green! I will be wearing my nails in lovely colours: Pink, Red, Purple, Neon Orange anything but the old simple "clear" lol. The "WOW" brand and "Sinful Colours" brands have the colours I love.

With this list before I know it winter will be over and I would have gone through a grey miserable day. Happy Winter Guys and Dolls!

No comments: